Casa de la Cuesta in the news
- Frommer’s 2012 “…an example of how colonial architecture can be rethought in modern terms. The combined effect of architecture and location is dramatic”
- Lonely Planet 2012 “no detail was spared in this highly ornate and elegant place and themed rooms. The lavish breakfast is an experience in itself.”
- AARP March/April ‘04 “The creations of some of San Miguel’s finest artisans are displayed at Casa de la Cuesta B&B”
- Travel and Leisure March ’07 says... “Casa de la Cuesta is a magical place”. Read the full article
- Texas Monthly Nov’01 ….”a lovely, hacienda-style B&B”
- National Geographic Traveler June 2010 says......"One of the great jewels of colonial Mexico".
- National Geographic Traveler September ’10 “You can breath the passion that the owners have for the Mexican culture”
- Mexico Desconocido January ’10 “What we adored at this B&B was the quality of Mexican colonial arquitecture”
- Travel and Wine December ’09 writer says... “I’ve been to San Miguel de Allende several times and have stayed in several places, but my absolute favorite is Casa de la Cuesta." Read the full article
- The Financial Times Weekend November ’03 “Bill and Heidi LeVasseur produce a lavish spread at their guesthouse, Casa de la Cuesta”
- Performances Los Angles October ’06 “Only a splash of purple on the exterior wall hints at the treasures awaiting within Casa de la Cuesta”
- Palm Beach Illustrated November ’01 “Among the wide range of accommodations available, the best are Casa de Sierra Nevada, Casa de la Cuesta and La Puertacita”
- Jewish Exponent " Read the full article.
- Maxwell Magazine March 2011 "Detalles que enamoran...su folklore mexicano, el desayuno casero y su coleccion de 500 mascaras ceremoniales mexicanas"
- In a Mexican Garden by Melba Levick and Gina Hyams Chronicle Books ISBN 0-8118-4130-8
- Mexican Style Interiors by Donna McMenamin and Richard Loper Shiffer Publishing ISBN 0-7643-1726-1
- Mexican Style Exteriors by Donna McMenamin and Richard Loper Shiffer Publishing ISBN 0-7643-1693-1
- The World of San Miguel de Allende, An Uncommon Guide by Robert de Gast E&R Publications ISBN 978-0-9655420-1-2
- Beautiful Small Hotels-Mexico by Cristobal Garcia Sanchez Ilustra Publications ISBN 13-978-968-9472-01-8
- 36 Hours in San Miguel - New York Times Article
- The Miami Herald October 30 ’05 “ Upon entering Casa de la Cuesta, we realized it was more museum than house”
- DFW Star-Telegram April 28 ’02 “ Designed like a colonial hacienda, with five (now seven-WTL) rooms overlooking a central courtyard, the B&B houses a small art gallery, and the whole place is decorated with all kinds of Mexican art, furniture and antiques”
- The Toronto Star Travel December 13 ’01 “Casa de la Cuesta offers one of the best sunset viewing spots in San Miguel.
- The Chicago Tribune Travel May 20 ’01 ‘But open the door, and its once again Alice through the looking glass”